Date:         Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:48:04 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         jaredp <webonomic@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: using winxp "search" for words in .SPS files

Prepare to be excited!

Unix and Linux systems have a command called GREP which allows to search for a string of text within files.

You are in luck because you can download a piece of software for the Windows operating system which will do the same thing. Get it here http://astrogrep.sourceforge.net/

This software is free as in price and free as in freedom (it is provided for anyone to use under an open source license).

Jared