Date:         Sat, 29 Jul 2006 09:46:03 -0600
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Stevan Nielsen <stevan_nielsen@byu.edu>
Subject:      Re: Listserv for AMOS?
Comments: To: "Feinstein, Zachary" <ZFeinstein@HarrisInteractive.com>

I am not an AMOS expert, but obtaining correlations between latent variables is an option in the graphics interface if you have modeled covariance between the latent variables of interest. It sounds as if you have done this, because you speak of a covariance estimate. Modeling covariance between the latent variables requires, in the graphic interface (the only way I use AMOS) drawing a double-arrow arc between any two latent variables of interest. The default output is for unstandardized coefficients. Once a model is estimated the default output shows unstandardized covariance and regression coefficients in both the graphic of the model and in the printout (key F10).

To obtain standardized estimates select "Analysis properties" (the abacus icon with six colored buttons or "Ctrl" key and "A" simultaneously), then select the "Output" tab, then select by check mark "Standardized estimates" from among the 15 options for output. If you have modeled the covariance between the latent constructs of interest, you will now have correlation coefficients in the printout (key F10) and an option for standardized estimates for the graphic of your estimated model.

Stevan Lars Nielsen, Ph.D. Clinical Professor Clinical Psychologist 2518 WSC, BYU Provo, UT 84602

801-422-3035; fax 801-422-0175

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Feinstein, Zachary Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 12:19 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Listserv for AMOS?

Is there a listserv for AMOS? Specifically I am hoping to make a post about how to obtain the correlation between two latent constructs. I know I can get the covariance but am a little baffled by the correlation in AMOS. My hunch is that it is not possible as long as the latent variable is not standardized.

Zachary