Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 12:13:25 +1000
Reply-To: San K <email@example.com>
Sender: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: San K <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Re: using winxp "search" for words in .SPS files
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
Do this to perform a search on unknown (to Microsoft) files.
1. Open windows explore and go to a folder.
2. Press Ctrl+F to open the search facility.
3. Click on the 'Change preferences' (left side- last option)
4. Click on "----- indexing service"
5. click on "Change Indexing Services settings (Advanced)" . This should
open a new window called "indexing services"
6. Click on "Show/Hide Console Tree". It is the 3rd button. You want to see
the console tree here.
7. Right click on the "Indexing Services on Local Machine" and choose the
"Properties". It's the left panel top folder image.
8. Tick "Index files with unknown extensions"
9. Click "OK"
This should fix any file unknown issue in the search functionality.