Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:01:07 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         emaguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>
Subject:      Recode question (correction)

All,

My conclusion sentences were in error. I said:

As I read the documentation for 13, the 'missing' keyword causes user missing and system missing value to be coded to sysmis on the output. It doesn't look like this is happening here. Comments?

I should have said:

As I read the documentation for 13, the 'missing' keyword causes both user missing and system missing values to be coded to the specified value on the output. It doesn't look like the user missing value of 99 was recoded to 9 but should have been. Comments?