Date:         Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:45:47 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Dogan, Enis" <edogan@air.org>
Subject:      factor analyzing the Tetrachoric correlations

Dear list,

I am factor analyzing a set of 42 dichotomously scored test items (in order to understand test dimensionality).

I calculated the Tetrachoric correlations (I can share the syntax if anyone's interested); so my input file is a correlation matrix. My question is:

Is there a particular type of rotation that works "better" with this type of data? Or the same good-old rules apply here too?

Best

Enis