Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:58:15 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Boyd, Christopher" <cboyd@comptroller.nyc.gov>
Subject:      SPSS Mac 13.0 vs. Windows 14.0

After checking the archives, I did not see a conversation about this. Forgive me if this has been discussed at length.

I am thinking about upgrading from SPSS windows version 12.0.

1) Is there a significant differences/advantages to SPSS V14 Windows compared to SPSS V13 MAC?

2) My portable computer is a Mac Intel machine, which can run both Mac and windows operating systems, though I can allocate just 550 MB of ram to Windows while running MAC OS X. If I run just windows on my Mac, the 1GB of ram is available. I would prefer to be able to switch back and forth between the two operating systems.

Is 550MB of RAM enough to run SPSS Windows 14.0? My data-sets tend to have tens of thousands to millions of records, but generally are not subjected to statistical heavy lifting.

Thanks for your thoughts.

********************************************************************** Sent from the New York City Office of the Comptroller. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.