Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 2006 14:39:17 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@Ipsos-ASI.com>
Subject:      Re: Color in Graph

Hi Keith I am using SPSS 12 and I think I don't have "non data element styles" option in 12. But I figured it out by editing my template file manually with the right color code. Thanks a lot for you help.

Siraj

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Keith McCormick Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:19 PM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Color in Graph

Hi Siraj,

I don't know what version you are using. I don't know if this advice will help in versions much earlier than 14.0. When you save the template you are asked to "please select the settings that you want to save in the template". Color (which is a "fill and border style") is found under "non data element styles" and is not selected by default. If you check this off before saving the template you should be fine. You can chose what is part of the template and what is not. I double checked it both ways, and it did not save the color when on defaults, and did save the color when non data elements was on.

By the way, I have become pretty enthusiastic about GPL (graphing production language) as of late, which arrived in 14.0 and promises to be even more powerful in the future. It can be pasted from chart builder. It is super easy to chose any color from there, and you have complete control over many other aesthetics as well.

Good luck.

Keith keithmccormick.com

On 7/6/06, Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@ipsos-asi.com> wrote: > Dear Experts > > I am running this syntax for the graph and in the TEMPLATE file I > saved the format which I wanted for my graph including colors for four bars. > > GRAPH > /BAR(GROUPED)=VALUE( Q42005 Q12006 Q22006 Q32006 ) BY Attribute > /TEMPLATE='C:\Program Files\SPSS\Delight Template.sgt'. > exe. > > The only thing I am missing is the COLOR, all other options are coming