Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 2006 19:25:31 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Keith McCormick <keithmc123@gmail.com>
Subject:      Re: Color in Graph
Comments: To: Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@ipsos-asi.com>

Hi Siraj,

At the time, I knew 12.0 better than now. The SET command has always allowed you to change the default template being used, so creative use of SET and GRAPH together should help.

Again, when the time comes and you are using 14.0+ GPL is really great and allows you to control virtually everything that you would wish to, and all with code.

Good luck.

Keith

On 7/6/06, Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@ipsos-asi.com> wrote: > Hi There > Can I save my graphs by syntax, I mean instead of saving manually in a > particular format? > > Thanks > > Siraj > > -----Original Message----- > From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > Keith McCormick > Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:19 PM > To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: Re: Color in Graph > > Hi Siraj, > > I don't know what version you are using. I don't know if this advice > will help in versions much earlier than 14.0. When you save the > template you are asked to "please select the settings that you want to > save in the template". Color (which is a "fill and border style") is > found under "non data element styles" and is not selected by default. > If you check this off before saving the template you should be fine. > You can chose what is part of the template and what is not. I double > checked it both ways, and it did not save the color when on defaults, > and did save the color when non data elements was on. > > By the way, I have become pretty enthusiastic about GPL (graphing > production language) as of late, which arrived in 14.0 and promises to > be even more powerful in the future. It can be pasted from chart > builder. It is super easy to chose any color from there, and you have > complete control over many other aesthetics as well. > > Good luck. > > Keith > keithmccormick.com > > On 7/6/06, Siraj Ur-rehman <Siraj.Ur-rehman@ipsos-asi.com> wrote: > > Dear Experts > > > > I am running this syntax for the graph and in the TEMPLATE file I > > saved the format which I wanted for my graph including colors for four > bars. > > > > GRAPH > > /BAR(GROUPED)=VALUE( Q42005 Q12006 Q22006 Q32006 ) BY Attribute > > /TEMPLATE='C:\Program Files\SPSS\Delight Template.sgt'. > > exe. > > > > The only thing I am missing is the COLOR, all other options are coming > > > according to my file. When I run this syntax again then default color > > appears from SPSS. Please let me know if I am missing anything? Thanks > > > > Siraj > >