Date:         Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:23:34 -0700
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Kim Brown <boogiefever71@yahoo.com>
Subject:      Creating Separate Datasets based on a variable

Hello All, I have a two-part problem. Iíve one dataset with three different data collection points (baseline, exit and follow up). Currently, a client had three cases for each data collection point. I have one syntax with variable labels and names for each data collection data. I wanted help developing a syntax to separate the data collection point into different dataset and then redefined the variable labels and names based on the data collection point ( for instance, the baseline( _b), exit (_e) and follow up (_f)... then I want to merge all three datasets into one by Id #. For example: instead of a client having three separate cases...the client will have one record (case) going across. Please help. Iím lost. Much thanks in advance, KB