Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:25:27 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: data step code used by Proc import
Comments: cc: findu_2005@YAHOO.COM

Findu,

Even easier, hit F4 when in the editor to recall the DATA step code, or use the RUN menu to locate RECALL LAST SUBMIT. It is already to edit and run. Just remember to delete the PROC IMPORT.

With the new editor, one forgets the old recall key, but it still works.

Ian Whitlock ================ Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 21:05:14 -0700 Reply-To: findu_2005@YAHOO.COM Sender: "SAS(r) Discussion" From: findu_2005@YAHOO.COM Organization: http://groups.google.com Subject: Re: data step code used by Proc import Comments: To: sas-l In-Reply-To: <200606301954.k5UIWksE026042@mailgw.cc.uga.edu> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Thanks, Howard. It works like a charm. "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" wrote: > On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 12:45:31 -0700, findu_2005@YAHOO.COM wrote: > > >Hello: > > > >I was using Proc Import to import a csv file. The importing process was > >unsuccessful due to data errors. Now I'd like to modify the data step > >code generated by proc import, so that I can use it to import the file > >with no errors. > > > >How do I capture the data step code used by proc import? > >I know I can use proc printto to route the log to an external file, but > >every line of the data step code is preceded by a number. Is there > >anyway to get rid of those preceding line numbers? > > Copy and paste into the SAS editor (or enhanced editor). Hold down the ALT > key and drag over the rows and columns containing the line numbers; delete. > > > > >Thanks.