Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 11 Jul 2006 08:59:39 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Using libraruies on TSO on PC Sas 8.2

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Henrootje posted the following:

> -----Original Message----- > From: owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu > [mailto:owner-sas-l@listserv.uga.edu] On Behalf Of Henrootje > Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 4:53 AM > To: sas-l@uga.edu > Subject: Using libraruies on TSO on PC Sas 8.2 > > > We used to work with SAS9.2 directly on the mainframe. > Because of the tacky interface we want to use SAS for WIndows > to access our work there. Unfortunately SAS for WIndows only > shows local libraries where we would like to see the remote > libraries. I have been searching and searching and came up with this; > > /* aanloggen op AV2*/ > %let av2=servername; > options remote=av2.5222; > signon user=ve4555 password= '1salou2'; > > /* libref aanmaken lokale omgeving*/ > libname pc > '\\Nlgsprfsc10h2.services.branches.nl.eu.abnamro.com\data2\Sde >p\0000031367\henro\SAS';

>/*librefs aanmaken remote (AV2) server */ >rsubmit; >*libname V8Lib1 've4555.iwsas.user.fiets'; >libname saspc 've4555.iwsas.user.meer'; >libname test 'VE4555.SAS8.SASUSER'; >*libname gbb 've4555.iwsas.user.GBB'; >*libname tv 've4555.iwsas.user.TV'; >*libname mtwk 've4555.iwsas.user.MTWK'; > >libname db2 db2 ssid=db2 authid=qq; >options user = saspc; /* tijdelijke work library*/ >option nomprint; >endrsubmit; > >LIBNAME LokalV8 >SLIBREF=V8Lib1 >SERVER=AV2; > >ERROR: Attempt to connect to server AV2 failed. >ERROR: A communication subsystem partner link setup request failure has occurred. >ERROR: No TCP service 'av2' on this host. >ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement. > > >In the Tools-Options-Communications I can see that the remoteID is AV2, that the ComaMid is >TCP. What surprises me is that TCPportfirst and TCPportlast are both zero. What might be the >culprit here? > >Thanx for thinking with me!

Henrootje, this looks like a problem that you are going to have to work out with your friendly Systems Programmers. You are dead in the water because your Windows SAS session cannot connect to the mainframe and establish a big iron SAS session. Until that is fixed, you have no prayer of accessing your mainframe SAS data libraries. But, then, you already know that, don't you?

Here is what I would consider doing:

1. Determine whether or not SAS/Connect is installed on your mainframe server. Without SAS/Connect on your workstation _AND_ the mainframe server, you cannot proceed as planned.

2. Make a copy of your TCPTSO.SCR script and modify it for debugging purposes. Specifically, uncomment "TRACE ON" and "ECHO ON" at the top of the script. Then, re-attempt to logon. That should give you more information to go by in your log and help you to debug this problem.

3. Double-check that the commands in the SPNLOGON and SPNDONE sections of your TCPTSO.SCR script correspond to the normal logon messages one would receive if logging into TSO "normally"--not using SAS. Also, double-check that the SAS CLIST invocation (type "ex 'prefix.clist(sas)' ";)is specified correctly for invoking SAS on your mainframe.

4. If none of the above pans out, go to the cafeteria (or a nearby Starbucks) buy a Grande triple latte and seek out your friendly Systems Programmer with the problem in one hand, the triple latte in the other.

Henrootje, best of luck in getting connected to the BIG IRON so that you can do BIG THINGS!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com