Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 19 Jul 2006 05:55:53 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Guillermo Ramos <g.ramos.alvarez@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: case statements with else as null
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Andeww - it depends on what type "Transactors" is: - a number: then use "else . end as transactors" - a string : then use "else '' end as transactors" Regards

Andreww wrote: > Hi - I have the following code in SQL which I am trying to convert to > SAS sql in proc sql: > > > select > COUNT(DISTINCT > (CASE WHEN (tran_date BETWEEN '01-MAY-2005' AND > '01-MAY-2006') > THEN customer_number > ELSE null > END)) AS transactors > from tblCustomer > > > the idea is that a distinct count is produced when the transaction date > is between the two dates. > > The piece of code I am trying to translate to SAS is the "ELSE null" - > what do I put instead of null. doing "else missing" doesn't work. > > Incidentally if I comment out the "else null" the log file says values > translated to missing which is what I want. > > Thanks > > Andrew