Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:25:26 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         qqzj <mrweisu@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to assign values in macro variables to observations in a
              dataset.
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Thanks Buffum:

I double checked your code. It works very well except that the value of macro40 was given to observation number 4. I guess that SAS do not arrange macro values into a orderly array.

Thanks a lot.

Dwight M. Buffum, MindTools, Inc. wrote: > qqzj, > > I recommend using the SAS DICTIONARY.MACRO metadata table for a simple, > one step solution. The DATA step below generates test data. > > DATA _NULL_; > DO i=1 TO 100; > CALL SYMPUTX(CATS('MAC',PUT(i,8.)),RANUNI(23)); > END; > > STOP; > RUN; > > > %PUT _USER_; > > > PROC SQL; > CREATE TABLE WORK.mydata AS > SELECT INPUT(VALUE,32.) AS target > FROM DICTIONARY.MACROS > WHERE SUBSTR(NAME,1,3)='MAC' > AND INPUT(SUBSTR(NAME,4),8.) BETWEEN 1 AND 100 > ; > QUIT;