Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jul 2006 07:22:22 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Rickards, Clinton (GE Consumer Finance)"
              <clinton.rickards@GE.COM>
Subject:      Re: information from a previous line
Comments: To: Ross <fed.rossi@GMAIL.COM>

Ross, try:

data matrixdata; set matrixdata; retain x2_saved; if x2_saved=0 then x1=1; x2_saved = x2; run;

Clint -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of Ross Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2006 9:47 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: information from a previous line

Hi Folks,

Suppose I want x1=1 in every observation if the previous observation has x2=0.

How do I ask SAS the content of x2 in the previous obs? I tried with retain but it considers x2 in the current observation, and not the previous.

data matrixdata; set matrixdata; retain x2; if x2=0 then x1=1; run;

thanks!

Ross