Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 18 Jul 2006 15:23:26 -0400
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Kristin Graves <gravesk@CONED.COM>
Subject:   Re: Transporting a temporary dataset
Comments:   To: Charles Harbour <charles.harbour@PEARSON.COM>

To answer Charles' curiousity question: on the PC, I have access to a large set of pre-written SAS programs to analyze the data. So, I must either upload the programs or download the data. The programs are written to use versions of SAS later than I have available on my mainframe, thus the decision to download the data. I can readily shift files between mainframe and PC using Attachmate's Extra! software.

In addition to Charles' response, I received an off-line response suggesting that I try proc cport. The suggestor said that with cport, one uses a filename rather than a libname. Sure enough, this did the trick for me. Thanks to all who replied.

I used the following code, which worked successfully:

000056 * FILENAME AND LIBREF FOR OUTPUT DATA FILE (BE SURE FILE EXISTS); 000057 %LET FLATFILE=IENG237.ANALYZEI.POPDATA.SASDATA; 000058 LIBNAME TRAN XPORT "&FLATFILE"; ***create temporary dataset "bill"**** 000611 DATA TMPDS; 000612 SET BILL; 000613 KEEP AC TOD1 ANNPRP ANNKWH MAXKW PSCSC CSCSC DIV 000614 TOD LDSTDY; 000615 RENAME AC=SITE 000616 TOD1=READDATE 000617 ANNPRP=DAYS 000618 ANNKWH=TOTALKWH 000619 MAXKW=KW 000620 PSCSC=RATE 000621 CSCSC=TARIFF; 000622 RUN; 000623 000634 PROC CPORT DATA=TMPDS FILE=TRAN; 000635 RUN; 000636