Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:46:39 -0400
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "[Ela Bonbevan]" <bonbevan@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Using Syntax to create a data cut-off point

Hi all,

I have 2 datasets which have MANY variables that contain dates - essentially activities of individuals over a 20 year period.

Ideally, I would like to compare the 2 datasets, but due to a data retrieval delay, one of the sets was obtained rougly 6 months after the first dataset so it contains more recent records. I want to set a data cut of point equal to the most recent record in the first dataset and then write some syntax to fill all of the dates past the cutoff as sysmis in dataset 2. Is this possible to do as some kind of global command, or must I do this variable by variable?

Many thanks Diane