Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 4 Aug 2006 14:20:07 -0800
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Shannon Deike-Sims <ansld1@uaa.alaska.edu>
Subject:      Elapsed Time Calculation (CORRECTION)

Dear Listers,

I appreciate the comments and assistance that I have received thus far and through them realized that I had an error in my original message below. The message should read:

I have reviewed the archives and visited Raynald's www.spsstool.net <http://www.spsstool.net/> website to find elapsed time syntax. I did find the syntax from (http://www.spsstools.net/Syntax/DatesTime/CaculateNumberOfMinutes.txt) to be helpful and almost what I need. The format of my data is different in that it has a colon to separate the hours and minutes and I am not sure how to change the syntax to fit my data.

Sample of my data

ID Departure_Time Arrival_Time

1 20:05 22:40

2 . .

3 2:15 6:40

4 19:34 23:05

5 . 10:05

6 . 6:12

7 16:10 17:45

8 7:35 11:57

9 3:22 7:07

10 19:47 23:37

11 . 12:55

12 22:00 1:07

13 18:55 20:25

14 10:20 13:37

15 15:20 19:38

16 9:06 12:27

17 0:45 2:55

18 16:30 18:28

19 13:35 14:05

20 9:35 .

21 5:54 9:18

I would appreciate any additional help to calculate the elapsed time.

Shannon Deike-Sims

ansld1@uaa.alaska.edu

________________________________

From: Shannon Deike-Sims Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 11:37 AM To: 'SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU' Subject: Elapsed Time Calculation

Dear Listers,

I have reviewed the archives and visited Raynald's www.spsstool.net <http://www.spsstool.net/> website to find elapsed time syntax. I did find the syntax from (http://www.spsstools.net/Syntax/DatesTime/CaculateNumberOfMinutes.txt) to be helpful and almost what I need. The format of my data is different in that it has the semicolon in the time and I am not sure how to change the syntax to fit my data.

Sample of my data

1 20:05 22:40

2 . .

3 2:15 6:40

4 19:34 23:05

5 . 10:05

6 . 6:12

7 16:10 17:45

8 7:35 11:57

9 3:22 7:07

10 19:47 23:37

11 . 12:55

12 22:00 1:07

13 18:55 20:25

14 10:20 13:37

15 15:20 19:38

16 9:06 12:27

17 0:45 2:55

18 16:30 18:28

19 13:35 14:05

20 9:35 .

21 5:54 9:18

I would appreciate any additional help on the elapsed time calculation.

Shannon Deike-Sims

ansld1@uaa.alaska.edu