Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:52:10 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ian Whitlock <iw1junk@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Re: ** Strange thing happening **
Comments: cc: Kiran_N <Kiran_N@SATYAM.COM>, Andre Wielki <wielki@ined.fr>

Subject: Re: ** Strange thing happening ** Summary: Garbage expected and found. Respondent: Ian Whitlock

Kiran_N <Kiran_N@SATYAM.COM> wanted to add to an RTF file and used

> filename doc "D:\kiran\TrialData.rtf" mod; > data _null_; > set final; > file doc; > put _all_; > run;

I tested with

data w ; do x = 1 to 5 ; y = ranuni ( 3465 ) ; output ; end ; run ; ods listing close ; ods rtf body = "c:\junk\test.rtf" ; proc print data = w ; var x ; run ; ods rtf close ; ods listing ;

filename q "c:\junk\test.rtf" ; data _null_ ; file q mod ; set w ; put _all_ ; run ;

Of course, I got similar notes in the log. When I used an ASCII editor to look at the file the new material was at the bottom of the file. When I opened the file in WORD the bottom lines were ignored, as one might expect, when raw text is added to an RTF file.

Ian