Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:51:16 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Ken Karan <posible88-sswug@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      SAS vs PL/SQL

My organization is about to develop a complex budget model. There will be no inferential statistics, no time series calculations, just lots and lots of data transformation. This will be contracted out to outside developers. We are trying to get a sense of relative cost and time.

My question to the list, "Given the same specs, generally which would take less time, SAS or PL/SQL?"

Are there any consultants out there who use both and could give a comparative estimate?

This assumes that both development platforms provide equal utility once the project is finished (which is not necessarily true). I realize that there is an inherent bias in posting this on SAS-L as opposed to an Oracle newsgroup. I also realize that this thread could quickly deteriorate into a litany of "my dog is better than your dog."

Reasoned thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Especially from folks with experience in both.