Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Aug 2006 13:12:18 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: How to open Visual Basic editor in sas program

rajesh.vadde@GMAIL.COM wrote: >Hi all, > >I am trying to create a visual basic macro through my sas program. so >after creating my VB code, i want to open the VB editor(using SAS code) >and copy the VB code i generated in the previous step. Then i want to >save it in VB and apply this macro to MS Word. seems little >complicated, but not impossible. > >I am wondering how to open VB editor in my program and copy the code i >created in the previous step.. > >any ideas?? > >Thanks a lot for taking time to read my posting.. > >Raj

I'm going to suggest that you scrap this idea and find another way to do this.

First of all, you should not be trying to automate a process by deliberately setting up a system that requires constantly hands-on fiddling around. That's just a poor design.

Second, I do not see why you need a VB macro at all. You have not explained that. Why can't you just create an RTF file in SAS which has all the properties you need? And if you can't why can't you design a general program to fix your Word document without having to do this open-the-editor-and-paste-a-one-off-code-snippet approach?

HTH, David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Get real-time traffic reports with Windows Live Local Search http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cp=42.336065~-109.392273&style=r&lvl=4&scene=3712634&trfc=1