Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Aug 2006 03:16:55 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         stratton_37@HOTMAIL.COM
Subject:      performance benchmarking
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello All

Apologies if this is already somewhere in the archives, but I couldn't find a relevant reference.

I'm involved in a software evaluation process, and one of the things that we are seeking to do is find independent benchmarking studies that compare SAS performance with other software. Parameters that we're interested in include speed and memory usage efficiency.

Ideally it would be a study that performed an identical set of operations (loads, joins, sorts etc.) on the same hardware platform but using different software packages. I appreciate that different software goes about things in different ways, but wondered f anyone knows of any such comparisons?

Kind regards

Robert Stratton