Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Tue, 12 Sep 2006 20:06:33 -0400
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Susan Rathbun-Grubb <susanrg@email.unc.edu>
Subject:   spss for windows 14.0 - student version

Hello,

Has anyone had an issue with "missing" menu items in the student version? For instance, under the Data menu "Merge files" is not there. Also, under the View menu, "Toolbars" is not an option, so I can't try to customize my menus. I thought perhaps I could find the missing options there. The "merge files" is supposed to be included in this version I'm almost certain.

This is a legal, licensed, purchased copy of the software. I have installed, reinstalled, registered, re-registered, searched the SPSS site and google, looked in the manuals, help screens, and a workbook. I tried downloading a patch, but it seems to be only for the full version.

The closest thing I can find is a reference to version 11 and a patch that corrected missing menu items, but there were no details, and obviously this wouldn't apply to version 14. Any ideas?

It has to be something simple, but I'm stumped.

Thanks for any info,

Susan Rathbun-Grubb

susanrg@email.unc.edu