Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:51:21 -0400
Sender: "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From: UGA Listserv Admin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: OT: list administration
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII; format=flowed
- A recurring problem for some: your posts are moderated. I'm the moderator,
and I'm not reading mail 24x7, so they're delayed.
Why are you being moderated? Because we don't want spam on the list, so we
restrict posting to subscribers, and you're sending mail from an address
different from the address at which you're subscribed to the list.
- send from your subscribed address
- unsubscribe from the old address and subscribe from the new
- ask me to change your address on the list if you can't do either of
- Something to consider: making the archives of this list private (available
only to subscribers).
We often get requests to delete many year old posts from the archives that could
potentially embarrass the sender, which I almost always decline for various
reasons, mostly technical.
I'd like to know what list memebers think about the archive question.. reply is
set to myself, and I won't see replies to the list, so please reply only to
***Jean Snow email@example.com ***
*** EITS Core Services Support/Postmaster/Listserv Admin ***