Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Thu, 7 Sep 2006 14:41:24 +0000
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: Data Step: Converting Repeated Measure Columns into Rows
Comments:   To: stats112@GMAIL.COM

Proc Transpose Data = Have ; By TimePoint ; Run ;

YOu may or may not need to tweek the output data set for variable names and such.

Toby Dunn

When everything is coming at you all at once, your in the wrong lane.

A truly happy person is someone who can smile and enjoy the scenery on a detour.

From: OR Stats <stats112@GMAIL.COM> Reply-To: OR Stats <stats112@GMAIL.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Data Step: Converting Repeated Measure Columns into Rows Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 09:37:13 -0500

Hi All,

I have data that looks like this in Excel

Col1 Col2 Col3 Col4 Col5 Col6 Col7

Time Points Xa Ya Xb Yb Xc Yc Date1 Date2 Date3 .. .. ..

where variables {X, Y} are the response variables, and {a,b,c} are separate groups at each time point for the respective variables. So, a-c are classes. So in Excel, the data has n rows(i.e., dates) and 7 columns as shown above. The SAS Data Table format that I would need is the following:

Time Points Class X Y Z 1 a 1 b 1 c 2 a 2 b 2 c

Where the time point column repeats with respect to the number of classes that I have for each date. While importing the Excel into SAS is easy enough using DDE or GUI Import, wow may I convert to the latter format in SAS?

Thank you, orstat