Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:46:24 -0400
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Is there life beyond SAS?
Comments: To: Anthony Pitruzzello <tonypit45@yahoo.ca>

Anthony,

You may be a dollar short and a day late. While the money was flowing you should have built Mission-critical systems with SAS that would be impossible to replicate. This is the only effective way to deal with IT mis-management.

Joe

On 9/21/06, Anthony Pitruzzello <tonypit45@yahoo.ca> wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I'm trying to prepare for the possibility that, for budgetary > reasons, administrators may discontinue our mainframe SAS license. SAS PC > licenses also are very expensive. I would be interested in informed > opinions about a "next best" option. I have SPSS 11.0, which, I suppose is > usable, although I don't much like it. I definitely need software with > strong programming and macro capabilities. It would be nice if that > extended to programming for statistical graphs so that all aspects of the > graph can be controlled through code. Any advice would be welcome. > > > --------------------------------- > Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice >

-- To paraphrase G. Santayana, the SAS Macro Facility used by common SAS programmers is an old mate that gives no pleasure and many headaches, yet she/he cannot live without it, and resents any aspersions that strangers may cast on its character