Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:37:03 -0700
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         David L Cassell <davidlcassell@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Modelling several time series together using Proc Mixed?

djrk0003@COMCAST.NET wrote: > >Chen presented the problem below. I would like to follow up on this issue, >but in a slightly different direction. Suppose, I have a new data set that >I >need to score used the model developed below. For the new data set, I would >like to forest for each ID over a 72 month period. Is this feasible? If so >how? > >Thanks, > >Doyle.

Are you saying that you want to create an entire new data set based on *no* values from the given ID? That does not sound reasonable. In a time series, you need at least *some* starting values for autoregressive models, and at least *some* starting error terms for moving average models, and all of the above in ARIMA(p,d,q) models where p and q are greater than 0.

Are you going to have some starting values? Are you going to have a model from PROC AUTOREG to use to predict some expected values based on a set of regressors?

Without some more detail, I can't help you much.

David -- David L. Cassell mathematical statistician Design Pathways 3115 NW Norwood Pl. Corvallis OR 97330

_________________________________________________________________ Add fun gadgets and colorful themes to express yourself on Windows Live Spaces http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features