LISTSERV at the University of Georgia
Menubar Imagemap
Home Browse Manage Request Manuals Register
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 6 Oct 2006 15:14:15 -0400
Reply-To:   Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM>
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:   Re: OT: Friday Humor
Comments:   To: Peter Flom <Flom@ndri.org>
In-Reply-To:   <129a50e0610061136j115ebbb8u6775ec79deaf4926@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type:   text/plain; charset=WINDOWS-1252; format=flowed

Ali Khanmonhamadi, Bill Franks and Glenn Heagerty told me their names were used without permission and Ron Fedh knew this because I discussed it with him. Of course, I'm going to sue him and the others for tortious interference with my relationship with SAS Institute.

-----Original Message----- From: Eason, Jenine (AT-Atlanta) [mailto:Jenine.Eason@AutoTrader.com] Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 4:19 PM To: 'joewhite@mindspring.com' Cc: Johannesen, Jerry (AT-Atlanta); Goldman, Brad (AT-Atlanta); Chandler, Robin (AT- Atlanta); 'kviel@emory.edu'; 'fmparker1@yahoo.com'; 'bill.franks@smartdm.com'; 'gheagerty@adelphia.net'; 'aliakbar@mindspring.com'; 'bill.bland@enertouch.com'; 'rjf2@cdc.gov'; 'Patsy.Harbour@sas.com'; Chang, Jeff (AT-Atlanta ) Subject: ASUG Importance: High

Joe,

There has been a considerable amount of discussion and emails regarding ASUG, or the lack thereof, recently.

It's the general consensus that we just want an active ASUG. I think you would be the first to admit that you have been pulled in other directions the past couple of years and unable to completely fulfill the Atlanta area user group needs.

Quite a few of us are willing to do whatever needs to be done to have a users' group that meets quarterly and is predictable. We are offering to completely facilitate an ASUG meeting within the 1st half of February. We will line up speakers, confirm a meeting place and email everyone we know about it.

There are 2 items holding us back from an effective ASUG, by-laws and officers. We will present by-laws along with the ASUG invitation that will be up for vote at this meeting. Nominations for ASUG officials will also be taken.

A North Georgia SAS Users Group has already been started specifically to get around ASUG. Splintering groups is not the best thing for the Atlanta area SAS community.

I think the best thing for you and all those involved is to support this revamping effort. We'll need your response by Dec, 13th.

Jenine Eason

Ron Fedh

Jerry Johannesen

Bill Bland

Francis Parker

Jeff Chang

Brad Goldman

Ali Khanmonhamadi

Bill Franks

Glenn Heagerty

On 10/6/06, Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@gmail.com> wrote: > Dear SAS(r) User, > > The next meeting of the Atlanta SAS(r) Users Group will be held on > February 27, 2003 from 10:00am until 4:00pm in e^Deltacom's auditorium > at its Hosting facility located at 300 Satellite Boulevard (see the > ASUG web site--whitehurst.eintel.net/asug--for directions and other > meeting details). This will be an important organizational meeting. > So, if you are interested in getting more involved with the group, > this is a meeting you should not miss. In addition to several > presentations and a panel discussion, we will be adopting new bylaws > and arranging to have elections for a set of Officers to lead ASUG. > > Attachment A contains bylaws, which I helped VASUG create, and which > ASUG can use as a starting point for developing its own bylaws. > Attachment B contains the last steering committee meeting minutes, > which summarizes what has been accomplished by the current leadership. > Attachment C contains the agreement ASUG has with the SAS(r) Institute > for use of fee-waved SAS(r) software. Currently we maintain ASUG's > membership database and a survey engine using the SAS(r) System > running on a SUN server hosted by E^deltacom. > > Speakers for this meeting include: Ron Fedh, Jerry Johannsen, Jay > Stevens, Steve James Andrew Karp and Joe Whitehurst. Brief > biographical sketches and presentation abstracts will appear on the > ASUG web site (whitehurst.eintel.net/asug) as they become available so > check it often. Please register for the meeting on the ASUG web site. > Because of security concerns, only those who register before the day > of the meeting can attend the meeting. > > Regards, > > > Joe Whitehurst > > Email: joewhite@mindspring.com > Phone: (404) 240-0729 > > > Attachment A > > > Proposed ASUG Bylaws > > Section I Name > The Atlanta SAS(r) User's Group or ASUG > Section II Purpose > To provide a forum for exchange of information and promotion of new > ideas concerning SAS(r) and related products, to assist in developing > SAS(r) skills, to inform the SAS(r) Institute of products and services > our members request, and to supply other information that might help > advance the careers of our members. > Section III Membership > Two types of membership are available: voting and general membership. > General membership will be granted to any individual who has attended > one meeting. Voting membership will be granted to any individual who > has paid their annual dues or the prorated portion thereof. > Section IV Meetings > General group meetings will be held quarterly, with the sites and > agenda determined by the group steering committee. Meeting information > will be posted on the ASUG web site at least 14 days in advance of > general group meetings > General group meetings are free of charge to both ASUG members and > their guests. There is no limit on the number of visits a guest may > have. > Interest groups meet at the convenience of the participants. Special > group meetings may be scheduled by the steering committee. > Section V Officers > The following positions will be held for one year beginning in January: > President – Lead ASUG, delegate assignments, chair group meetings, > preside over nomination and election of officers. > Secretary – Record minutes of general meetings, maintain membership > listings and prepare meeting notices. > Treasurer – Collect dues and fees, maintain record of income and disbursements. > Steering Committee – Comprised of all above officers, the previous > year's President, and volunteers. Charged with choosing meeting sites > and agenda, locating speakers, and advising officers on policies and > activities. > > Section VI Nomination of Officers > Candidates for the position of President, Secretary, and Treasurer, > will be solicited at the last quarterly meeting general meeting > (approximately in October or November). Any member may participate. > The secretary will prepare and email a ballot to all voting members. > Section VII Election of Officers > Voting members will vote for each office by email. Write-ins will be > allowed. A simple majority will decide positions. In order for results > to be announced prior to the first quarter meeting, wherein the new > officers will preside, ballots will have to be received by the > deadline indicated on the ballot. A second emailing to the voting and > general members will be made in the last quarter announcing the > results of the elections. > Section VIII Dues > Dues will be $10 per year for members, payable by the first quarter > meeting. Dues for members who join after July will by $5. There are no > Corporate memberships available. > Dues will be used to finance meetings and activities of ASUG (eg, > finance mailings, telephone charges. etc.) as deemed appropriate by > the Officers and Steering Committee. The Steering Committee is > ultimately accountable to the general membership for the financial > transactions of ASUG. The Treasurer will prepare a report got > distribution to the members of income and disbursements at the last > quarterly meeting. Should funds become insufficient, the Treasurer > will detail collected dues and expenses, and will ask members for > donations. > Section IX Amendment of Bylaws > All proposed amendments to these bylaws must be emailed to the > membership on the meeting notices and may be proposed by any > member(s). At the meeting, after discussion, majority vote will decide > the amendment's adoption. Absentee ballots will be available upon > request, and must be received prior to the announced meeting. > > > > Attachment B > > ASUG > Atlanta SAS(r) User's Group > Steering Committee > > Minutes > > April 23, 2002 > 341 Eureka Drive NE > Atlanta, Ga. 30305 > 7:00 PM > > Present: President - Joe Whitehurst, Secretary/Treasurer - Jerry > Feldman, Volunteers - Jerry Johannesen, Jenine Eason, Deborah Keys, > Ron Fehd, Kevin Webb, Steve Bloom, Kevin Viel > > Agenda > Joe Whitehurst outlined recent ASUG accomplishments: > > First Quarter 2002 Meeting Held > Web Site Established > Survey Engine Created > Full SAS(r) System available in a world-class hosting facility > Volunteer Project Initiative > Mass Mailing to SAS(r) Users in Georgia > Online Survey/Survey Engine > Intraspect Initiative > Obtained Sponsorship of ASUG by a world-class web hosting facility > Intern to help update and maintain ASUG's Web Site > > Each attendee was given the opportunity to tell the group what they > were hoping to get out of the meeting and ASUG. Numerous good ideas > were proposed. > The committee agreed upon quarterly ASUG meetings. > Next quarterly meeting to be held at SAS Institute's Buckhead office > on July 11, 2002 from 10:00AM to 4:00PM. > ASUG's URL has been added to the local users' group section of www.sas.com. > Ron Fehd volunteered to recruit and coach new speakers. Jenine Eason > also volunteered to help recruit additional speakers. > Kevin Webb volunteered to start a "coders' corner" on the ASUG web site. > Keven Viel volunteered to post a SAS-L weekly summary with commentary > and already has the first two weeks on the ASUG web site. > A proposal was made to include a section on the ASUG web site with > links to any papers published by locally based SAS(r) professionals. > A proposal was made to create a "Soap Box" section on the ASUG web > site for members to write a column on SAS related items – or other > issues of interest to the LOCAL group. > In the context of a discussion about a bulletin board for the ASUG web > site, Joe Whitehurst reported on his 12-month ongoing negotiations > with Intraspect (aka "Collaborative Server"). We wait to hear whether > Intraspect will support ASUG using their software to conduct ASUG > business; there are Intraspect-SAS issues that may prevent this. > Steve Bloom developed a "Survey Engine" and intends to allow ASUG to > use it to conduct online surveys, short or long, as directed by ASUG's > President. > A volunteer/community service activity was suggested. A data analysis > project of some sort was suggested. Clean Air of Atlanta was > suggested, amongst others – however, Joe Whitehurst explained to the > steering committee that, after months of unsuccessful negotiations > with SAS in the context of offering to do some volunteer work for > Hands On Atlanta, SAS(r) had firmly decided that the ASUG version of > SAS(r) could absolutely NOT be used for a volunteer project. The only > permissible use is to conduct ASUG business – Joe said he thought his > SAS(r) Alliance copy of SAS(r) could be used for a volunteer project. > A proposal was made to include a Guest Book on the ASUG website to > encourage users to leave their names and email addresses. > A proposal was made to have an ASUG member's only section. > Jerry Johannsen proposed that he would try to get a more complete list > of SAS users from SAS Institute. Have not heard from Jerry yet. Joe > Whitehurst said that he didn't think it would be possible to get any > official list from SAS Institute, but that he might try to get an > unofficial list from Tech Support. The attempt failed with a > resounding NO from Tech Support – it's been Joe's experience that SAS > guards their mailing lists as closely as their source code. Joe > suggested the best way to increase participation in SAS User Group > activities is to make those activities "relevant and useful". > Efforts to update the ASUG web site with new items were volunteered by > Steve Bloom who is the contact person for the intern. > By-laws will be drawn for ASUG using those created by VASUG as a > guide. Joe Whitehurst was instrumental in creating those by-laws > through a group process 14 years ago and VASUG still uses them. Those > bylaws are attached to be used as a starting point for ASUG's bylaws. > Membership dues in the form of sponsorship, selling web page > advertising, and other methods were discussed. > > Other Items: > Secretary-Treasurer, Jerry Feldman, stated that the ASUG bank account > had accumulated enough funds to sponsor the evening's meal and > meeting. No other status of ASUG's financial status was discussed, but > a full disclosure is available anytime on request. President, Joe > Whitehurst, will determine what kind of tax identity we have (e.g. > non-profit) and take care of this with the Bank. > Joe stated that he hopes he has created an infrastructure that will > attract multiple Presidential candidates and he would like to see the > next President and all other officers of ASUG chosen by a vote of the > ASUG membership. > > Attachment C > > > > License Agreement Number Supplement Number SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS AND > SUITES ATTACHMENT > > > > The terms of this attachment ("Attachment") govern Customer's use of > SAS(r) software offerings which consist of combinations of SAS > software components or which include sub-components supplied by third > parties and SAS (collectively, "Software Solutions and Suites," or > singly, "Software Solution or Suite"). The Institute shall be referred > to as "SAS" in this Attachment. This Attachment applies to any > Software Solution or Suite listed on the above referenced supplement > ("Supplement"). > Software Solutions and Suites consist of bundled components. Customer > may use such bundled components only through the application under > which they are bundled, and may not use or deploy any individual > component as a replacement for other SAS software. Individual > components may be provided to Customer on the same or different media > as other components of the Software Solution or Suite. SAS may add, > modify or delete individual components in new releases. All additional > and modified component software shall be governed by the terms of the > above referenced agreement ("Agreement"), the Supplement and this > Attachment. > SAS may notify Customer of specific usage or system requirements > related to particular Software Solutions and Suites on "Ordering > Documentation". For the purposes of this Attachment, "Ordering > Documentation" shall mean the Supplement and any other mutually > acceptable product ordering documentation tied to the Agreement. > Software Solutions and Suites may only be used by Customer if Customer > has a license to use the applicable SAS software on appropriate > hardware as specified in the Ordering Documentation. Customer shall: > (a) keep records of where the Software Solutions and Suites are being > used; and (b) provide a copy of such records to SAS upon request. > Customer may use the Software Solutions and Suites to create static, > web-based applications written in SAS software ("Applications"). > Customer may use such Applications to share its information with third > parties Customer lets access its web site ("Clients"). Customer may > install an Application only on hardware where Customer has installed > the Software Solution and Suite that works with the Application. > Customer must write the Applications so that Clients may not edit SAS > programs or have access to any other capability for free form > programming in SAS software. Clients may not process their own data or > directly access the underlying SAS software. Except with SAS' prior > written consent and Customer's payment of applicable fees, Customer > may not use a Software Solution or Suite to: (a) process any third > party data; (b) access any SAS software that resides on any hardware > for which Customer has not licensed the Software Solution or Suite; or > (c) provide Clients access to SAS software in exchange for > compensation. Customer may not use any Software Solutions and Suites > to download or otherwise export or re-export any software or any > underlying information or technology except in full compliance with > all laws and regulations of the United States of America and any other > applicable laws and regulations. Customer is responsible for and will > hold SAS harmless from any damages suffered by SAS and any liability > incurred by SAS as a result of Clients access to SAS software. The > United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of > Goods is excluded from the Agreement. > For Software Solutions and Suites containing any components licensed > for use on workstations and personal computers, the records required > in Section 2 shall also include the total number of individuals who > access such Software on each workstation, personal computer and > operating system during the license period. If Customer wishes to add > licenses for more individuals, workstations, personal computers or > operating systems than authorized under the Ordering Documentation, > then Customer must call or write SAS and pay the applicable fees. > The warehouse administration function of certain Software Solutions > and Suites is licensed on a per named administrator basis. Upon > licensing such Software Solutions and Suites, Customer must provide > SAS with the name(s) of the warehouse administrator(s). As those > administrators change, Customer may call or write SAS to update such > name(s). > Unless otherwise authorized by SAS, the AppDev Studio™ functionality > of any Software Solution or Suite may only be used for development and > testing purposes, and may not be used for production purposes > (although the applications and/or applets created with AppDev Studio > may be used in a production environment). > Unless otherwise authorized by SAS, the Enterprise Guide(r) > functionality of any Software Solution or Suite may not be used to > access a distributed server implementation of SAS software or SAS data > on a server unless Customer has also licensed SAS/IntrNet(r) software, > SAS Information Delivery Portal or SAS Integration Technologies for > that server. > > Use of the "Performance Data Warehouse" included with the Webhound™ > functionality of certain Software Solutions and Suites shall be > limited solely to the purpose of web log data reporting and analysis > through such warehouse. A "Performance Data Warehouse" is the data > warehouse or structure offered in the Webhound functionality of > certain Software Solutions and Suites to house detailed and summarized > performance data and other information necessary to manage the web log > data Customer provides to such Software Solutions and Suites. No User > may modify this Webhound functionality to analyze or report on data > outside the Performance Data Warehouse. > SAS may conduct an audit one (1) time per year on thirty (30) days > prior written notice in order to verify Customer's compliance with the > terms and conditions of this Attachment and the Agreement. SAS will > comply with Customer's security procedures and regulations while on > Customer's site for the audit, provided SAS has been informed of these > procedures. > Customer acknowledges that certain Software Solutions and Suites > include components which contain software licensed to SAS by Sun > Microsystems, Inc. ("Sun Microsystems"), Microsoft Corporation > ("Microsoft"), and certain other vendors (collectively, "Third Party > Software"). The following additional terms shall apply to the Third > Party Software and shall take precedence over any conflicting terms in > the Agreement: > Customer may not distribute the Third Party Software to any third > party in any modified form. The Third Party Software may not be > leased, assigned, or sublicensed, in whole or in part. The Third Party > Software is not designed or intended for use in online control of > aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; > or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any > nuclear facility. Customer warrants that it will not use or > redistribute the Third Party Software for such purposes. This > Attachment does not authorize Customer to use any of SAS' names, > trademarks or logos or any of its licensors' names, trademarks and > logos, including but not limited to Sun Microsystems' and Microsoft's > trade names, trademarks or logos. > Use, duplication, or disclosure of the Third Party Software and > related documentation by the US Government is subject to restrictions > as set forth in Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software Clauses > in DFARS 252.277-7013(c)(1)(ii) and FAR 52.227-19, Commercial Computer > Software – Restricted Rights (June 1987) as applicable. > DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO > CUSTOMER "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING > BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT AND IMPLIED > WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. > SAS' LICENSOR(S) DISCLAIM ANY LIABILITY CONNECTED WITH USE OF THE > THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. > LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SAS' LICENSOR(S) ARE NOT LIABLE FOR (a) > DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OF ANY > SORT, WHETHER ARISING IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SAS HAS > BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, OR (b) FOR ANY CLAIM > BY ANY OTHER PARTY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR > LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO > THIS LIMITATION AND EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO CUSTOMER. > > > *If this Attachment is attached to a Demonstration Agreement or an > Evaluation Agreement, the term "Supplement" shall be read to mean > either > "Demonstration Agreement" or "Evaluation Agreement" as appropriate. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On 10/6/06, Joe Whitehurst <joewhitehurst@gmail.com> wrote: > > Ron, > > > > The only problem with fu_king with me is I fu_k back! > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Joe Whitehurst [mailto:joewhitehurst@bellsouth.net] > > Sent: Sunday, September 17, 2006 11:08 AM > > To: 'rjf2@cdc.gov' > > Subject: FW: ASUG (fwd) > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Patsy Harbour [mailto:Patsy.Harbour@sas.com] > > Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 1:41 PM > > To: joewhite@mindspring.com > > Subject: RE: ASUG (fwd) > > To refresh your memory just a little bit and give you a preview of > > what is about to happen, I have attached something you should read so > > you can consult an attorney. Now, send me your immediate supervisor's > > name and phone number or I will be forced to extract it from you with > > legal action. > > > > > > Hi Joe, > > > > We greatly appreciate all you've done for SAS and the Atlanta SAS > > Users Group. I know it takes a lot of time and devotion to organizing > > and planning users group events. Jenine and the others are willing to > > work with you and volunteer their time to the Users Group. Are you > > open to working with them? > > > > Thanks so much. > > > > > > Patsy A. Harbour > > Executive and User Events > > 919-531-2855 > > Patsy.Harbour@sas.com > > > > SAS ... The Power to Know > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: joewhite@mindspring.com [mailto:joewhite@mindspring.com] > > Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:04 PM > > To: Patsy Harbour > > Subject: RE: ASUG (fwd) > > > > > > Patsy, > > > > I have exerted a tremendous effort over the past four years to breathe > > some life into ASUG and to get others involved. I single handedly > > created a Web Site, conducted an online, comprehensive survey of > > Atlanta SAS Users to learn what they want, held over 12 meetings over > > the 4 years where I arranged for speakers and facilities (in 2002 > > alone, two general meetings and one steering committee meeting where > > the entire membership was invited). I certainly don't deserve the > > nutty note Jenine wrote. I can assure you that Jenine et al don't > > speak for the majority of Atlanta's SAS users most of whom really seem > > to appreciate my efforts. I will have the silent majority send you > > their sentiments via email. > > > > Joe > > PS > > Not only is the note offensive in tone, Jenine is simply wrong about > > her facts. The North Georgia SAS Users Group (led by George Mathews) > > predates my efforts on behalf of ASUG and is in no way being created > > as a way to "get around" ASUG as Jenine alledges. I can tell you what > > this little tempest in a teapot is all about: Jenine wants to get her > > hands on the membership list and > > I have refused to give it to her. > > > > > > On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 11:36:55 -0500 Patsy Harbour <Patsy.Harbour@sas.com> > > wrote: > > > > > Hi Joe, > > > > > > I'd like for all of us to work together for the > > > betterment of the SAS users group. Since users > > > groups are made up of volunteers and these > > > folks want to volunteer to work with the > > > Atlanta SAS Users Group, I'm confused as to why > > > you don't want their help. When you officially > > > registered the users group with SAS in 1999, > > > you agreed to follow SAS' guidelines in order > > > to receive support and services from SAS for > > > the Atlanta SAS Users Group. Among the list of > > > guidelines are... > > > > > > * to be led by a volunteer board or officers, > > > one of whom is designated by the group to serve > > > as a primary contact for SAS Institute. > > > > > > * to develop bylaws and encourage the volunteer > > > efforts of its membership in leadership roles. > > > > > > * to open membership in the user group to all > > > SAS software users living or working in the > > > group's geographical area. In addition, > > > leadership opportunities in the group should be > > > equally available to all members. User group > > > leaders agree to ensure that all user group > > > policies and activities reflect a spirit of > > > fair play and professionalism. Furthermore, > > > user group leaders agree that user group > > > policies and activities will be free from bias, discrimination, and > > > harassment of any kind, either explicit or implicit. > > > > > > I enclosed a complete copy of the guidelines. > > > I want to work with you and the others to > > > support the Atlanta SAS Users Group in the > > > area. I look forward to hearing from you. > > > > > > Thank you. > > > > > > Patsy A. Harbour > > > Executive and User Events > > > 919-531-2855 > > > Patsy.Harbour@sas.com > > > > > > SAS ... The Power to Know > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > From: joewhite@mindspring.com [mailto:joewhite@mindspring.com] > > > Sent: Thursday, December 12, 2002 11:19 AM > > > To: Patsy Harbour > > > Subject: RE: ASUG (fwd) > > > > > > > > > Patsy, > > > > > > At least two of the persons whose names were at > > > the bottom of the nutty note from Jenine have > > > called me to say that their names were used > > > without permission. I'm about to take legal > > > action against Jenine. > > > > > > Joe Whitehurst > > > > > > -------- Forwarded message -------- > > > Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 08:23:22 -0500 > > > From: joewhite@mindspring.com > > > Reply-to: "Eason, Jenine (AT-Atlanta)" > > > To: "Eason, Jenine (AT-Atlanta)" > > > ,"'joewhite@mindspring.com'" > > > > > > Cc: "Johannesen, Jerry (AT-Atlanta)" ,"Goldman, > > > Brad (AT-Atlanta)" ,"Chandler, Robin (AT- > > > Atlanta)" ,"'gheagerty@adelphia.net'" > > > ,"'aliakbar@mindspring.com'" > > > ,"'bill.bland@enertouch.com'" > > > ,"'rjf2@cdc.gov'" ,"Chang, Jeff (AT-Atlanta )" > > > ,"'fmparker1@yahoo.com'" > > > > > > Subject: RE: ASUG > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > FYI > > > > > > > > > > > > It appears Joe has gotten our email and has > > > contacted at least a number of people whose > > > names are on the list. Let me tell you > > > personally that I have contacted SAS Inst. > > > about this letter and they have read it. They > > > are delicately and silently supporting this. I > > > can forward you their email if you care to see > > > it. But SAS can not do much else to help ASUG > > > at this point. They are very aware there is a > > > problem here. They say they've never had a > > > situation like this occur. Patsy Harbour of > > > SAS personally promised to address their > > > options to help ASUG with her boss after the > > > 1st of the year. > > > > > > > > > > > > My best suggested response to Joe is to > > > either not respond to him at all or simply > > > state "I support the effort". > > > > > > > > > > > > Feel free to contact me if you have any > > > questions > > > (770) 487-3222. > > > > > > > > > > > > -----Original Message----- > > > > > > From: Eason, Jenine (AT-Atlanta) > > > > > > Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 > > > 4:19 PM > > > > > > To: 'joewhite@mindspring.com' > > > > > > Cc: Johannesen, Jerry > > > (AT-Atlanta); Goldman, Brad (AT-Atlanta); > > > Chandler, Robin (AT- Atlanta); > > > 'kviel@emory.edu'; 'fmparker1@yahoo.com'; > > > 'bill.franks@smartdm.com'; > > > 'gheagerty@adelphia.net'; > > > 'aliakbar@mindspring.com'; > > > 'bill.bland@enertouch.com'; 'rjf2@cdc.gov'; > > > 'Patsy.Harbour@sas.com'; Chang, Jeff > > > (AT-Atlanta ) > > > > > > Subject: ASUG > > > > > > Importance: High > > > > > > > > > > > > Joe, > > > > > > > > > > > > There > > > has been a considerable amount of discussion > > > and emails regarding ASUG, or the lack thereof, > > > recently. > > > > > > > > > > > > It's > > > the general consensus that we just want an > > > active ASUG. I think you would be the first to > > > admit that you have been pulled in other > > > directions the past couple of years and unable > > > to completely fulfill the Atlanta area user > > > group needs. > > > > > > > > > > > > Quite a > > > few of us are willing to do whatever needs to > > > be done to have a users' group that meets > > > quarterly and is predictable. We are offering > > > to completely facilitate an ASUG meeting within > > > the 1st half of February. We will line up > > > speakers, confirm a meeting place and email > > > everyone we know about it. > > > > > > > > > > > > There are > > > 2 items holding us back from an effective ASUG, > > > by-laws and officers. We will present by-laws > > > along with the ASUG invitation that will be up > > > for vote at this meeting. Nominations for ASUG > > > officials will also be taken. > > > > > > > > > > > > A North > > > Georgia SAS Users Group has already been > > > started specifically to get around ASUG. > > > Splintering groups is not the best thing for > > > the Atlanta area SAS community. > > > > > > > > > > > > I think > > > the best thing for you and all those involved > > > is to support this revamping effort. We'll > > > need your response by Dec, 13th. > > > > > > > > > > > > Jenine > > > Eason > > > > > > Ron > > > Fedh > > > > > > Jerry > > > Johannesen > > > > > > Bill > > > Bland > > > > > > Francis > > > Parker > > > > > > Jeff > > > Chang > > > > > > Brad > > > Goldman > > > > > > Ali > > > Khanmonhamadi > > > > > > Bill > > > Franks > > > > > > Glenn > > > Heagerty > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On 10/6/06, Peter Flom <Flom@ndri.org> wrote: > > > I wonder a couple things in return > > > > > > Who employs Joe, and does that employer know how much time HE > > > wastes? > > > > > > Is Ron's salary per hour, or per week, and in either case, can Joe > > > show that Ron posts at times when he is being paid by any particular > > > agency? > > > > > > Would the mutual employers of Ron and Joe be interested in a quality > > > comparison of the posts to SAS-L of the two individuals? > > > > > > > > > Peter > > > > > >


Back to: Top of message | Previous page | Main SAS-L page