Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006)Back to main GABO-L pageJoin or leave GABO-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:20:42 -0800
Sender:       Georgia Birders Online <GABO-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Eric Beohm <eric.beohm343@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Pacific Loon, Ross's Goose, Golden Eagle,
              Western Red-tailed Hawk & more 11/17/06

I just got in and I'm tired so I'll make this a quick type. I decided to skip work today and do something I haven't done in a while...spend a whole day birding (without a nap). Boy it was a great day too; one of the best I've had in a while! Highlights:

West Point Lake Dam (morning):

Golden Eagle (1 adult) Probable Long-tailed Duck seen flying

Florence Marina Park:

Ross's Goose (1 on the GA side)

Bradley Unit Eufaula NWR:

Western Red-tailed Hawk (1 dark/intermediate morph) Tennessee Warbler (1) Blackburnian Warbler (1) American Bittern (1) Peregrine Falcon (1) White Ibis (3) Leconte's Sparrow (1) Sora (1 flushed) other stuff

Lake Walter F. George Dam (afternoon)

Pacific Loon (1) Red-breasted Merganser (4) Canvasback (about 10) Redhead (about 10) Greater Scaup (about 15) White Goose way in distance (1)

I'll give more details when I get time.

Good Birding!

Eric Beohm