Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:51:33 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Sibusiso Moyo <smoyo@targetrx.com>
Subject:      Re: programming issue

Dear All,

How could I create a variable that computes the following:

1. when a product is mentioned in the survey as a YES = 1; 2. now I want a variable that has both Prod A and Prod B be saying YES for the same id. That is for the same ID i want a new variable that captured products A and B as being mentioned as YES.

id month prod mentioned Prod A Prod B Both 1 jan A Yes 1 1 feb B Yes 1 3 mar C No 4 apr D No 5 may A Yes 1 5 jun B Yes 1 7 jul C No 8 aug D No 9 sep A yes 1 9 oct B yes 1

Thank you.