Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:25:06 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Gene Maguin <emaguin@buffalo.edu>
Subject:      Re: Basic loop-vector command help?

Brian,

I may not understand you at all but it seems to me that you might be trying to work with two files. The first contains the FIPS (whatever they are) and state abbreviations. The second is the 'large spss file' you mention having. If this is true and the second file has the FIPS codes as a variable but not the abbreviations, then you should use the table keyword of the match files command. Arrays and vectors aren't involved.

If you don't have two files then, perhaps you can better explain what you do have because I can't imagine what you are describing.

Gene Maguin