Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:08:15 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Statisticsdoc <statisticsdoc@cox.net>
Subject:      Re: Composite Chi square

www.statisticsdoc.com Stephen Brand

If I understand the question correctly, you want to know whether the distribution of responses differs between questions within the same section. I am not sure that this can be examined using the chi-squared goodness of fit statistic, since the observations on two items are not independent. However, you might gain some valuable information by running a repeated measures analysis in which question is a within-subject factor.

Sincerely,

Stephen Brand, Ph.D.

For personalized and professional consultation in statistics and research design, visit www.statisticsdoc.com

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU]On Behalf Of matara Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2006 8:42 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Composite Chi square

Hi all

I have a questionnaire that consists of 4 sections. There are 8 questions in each section. There are 5 responses to each question ranging from strongly agree to strongly disagree. For each question, I performed the goodness of fit chi square to find out if these are differences between the responses. I want to combine the chi square results that I got for each question to get a composite chi square for each section of my questionnaire. How can I do that?

Regards

Matar