Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2006)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 16 Nov 2006 07:18:48 +1100
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Simon Freidin <simonpf@unimelb.edu.au>
Subject:      Re: Combining Files with ADD FILES: Variable Label Problem

APPLY DICTIONARY from “lastmonth.sav” /VARINFO LEVEL MISSING VALLABELS = MERGE. - The level of measurement and defined missing values from the source dataset are applied to the matching variables in the active target) dataset. Any existing missing values definitions for those variables in the active dataset are deleted. - Value labels for matching variables in the two datasets are merged. If the same value has a defined value label in both the source and active datasets, the value label in the active dataset is unchanged.