Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 1 Nov 2006 07:41:32 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Michael Raithel <michaelraithel@WESTAT.COM>
Subject:   Re: Unix and Excel

Dear SAS-L-ers,

Steven Lolay posted the following in the thread that he originally kicked off:

> Thanks for your help Guys, I will speak to our sas admin. > > Do you know if you can get SAS to kick off emails on UNIX? >

Steven, but of course you can; we used to do it all the time here at SAS Mecca until we migrated to Linux. Now, various Westatians have SAS kick off emails on Linux. It is pretty straight-forward.

BTW, if you cannot get SAS to send emails--and that is a BIG IFF--then you can always fall back on having SAS exploit the Unix "mailx" command. It's nice to have a Plan B, isn't it?!?!?!?!

Steven, best of luck in making SAS do your bidding on your Unix server!

Of course, all of these opinions and insights are my own, and do not reflect those of my organization or my associates. All SAS code and/or methodologies specified in this posting are for illustrative purposes only and no warranty is stated or implied as to their accuracy or applicability. People deciding to use information in this posting do so at their own risk.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Michael A. Raithel "The man who wrote the book on performance" E-mail: MichaelRaithel@westat.com