Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Nov 2006 08:09:30 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Setting up
Comments: To: BenDray <ben.dray@GMAIL.COM>

Hi Ben,

FILEVAR can be handy if you are using INFILE to read external files. For the SET statement, to create repetitious code, a macro can be good for that. The SAS Macro facility can create the text string with the names and substitute it into your code (as if you wrote it) just before your code gets to the compiler.

%macro multfiles(lo,hi); %let files=; %do i = &lo %to &hi; %let files=&files _&i; %end; &files %mend; %put files is >%multfiles(1,31)<;

Data need ; set %multfiles(1,31) ; Run ;

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group

Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of BenDray Sent: Thursday, November 09, 2006 1:37 AM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Setting up

Hi all,

Can you tell me how best to go about doing this - I am trying to set a bunch of datasets (_1 -> _31) :

Data need ; do i=1 to 31 ; set _||i ; end ; Run ;

Many thanks!

Ben