Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:13:53 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" <nospam@HOWLES.COM>
Subject:   Re: Controlling line size and page size procedure output

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006 17:34:00 -0800, John Faustini <Faustini.John@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV> wrote:

>I often save listing output from SAS PROCs by cutting and pasting from >the Output Window to a Word document. (I know this is low-tech, but I >just want to save the output in a readable and reasonably compact form >with a minimum of effort.) This usually works OK except when I have >wide output, which SAS wraps within each page, making the output hard to >read. For some reason, SAS seems to ignore the linesize and pagesize >options I set. For example, when I specify the following options >(designed to fit on a landscape page using SAS Monospace 8-point font) >options nocenter nonumber nodate; >options pagesize=42 linesize=135 orientation=landscape > topmargin=0.75 bottommargin=0.75 leftmargin=0.75 rightmargin= >0.75 > ; >SAS wraps (for PROC output) or cuts off (titles, etc.) output at a width >of 115 characters and breaks pages after only 38 lines of output. Why >does SAS ignore (or override) my options settings? Is there some other >way to control the line size and page length of SAS PROC output sent to >the Output Window, or something I'm missing? > >Thanks, >John

Your problem is what one might call "semi-documented". For example, about the LEFTMARGIN option, the book says "Changing the value of this option may result in changes to the value of the LINESIZE= system option."

Switch the order of the options in your code so that PAGESIZE and LINESIZE are declared *after* TOPMARGIN etc. I think you will get what you want.

For your purposes, you are probably better off not declaring the four ___MARGIN options at all.