Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 2006, week 4)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:05:44 -0500
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Peter Crawford <peter.crawford@BLUEYONDER.CO.UK>
Subject:   Re: xmlmap for google kml?
Comments:   To: Seeliger.Curt@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:40:49 -0800, Seeliger.Curt@EPAMAIL.EPA.GOV wrote:

>Folks, > >I'd like to create a kml file to plot a variety of data using Google >Earth. Rather than using a DATA _NULL_ step, I'm considering using the >XML engine and I suspect this would require a custom xmlmap. The >archives are silent on this topic. Have any of you done this, or have >good reason to think it a folly? > >tia, >cur > >-- >Curt Seeliger, Data Ranger >CSC, EPA/WED contractor >541/754-4638 >seeliger.curt@epa.gov

time for reverse engineering ?

or is that not approved of ?

Basically I'm suggesting you use the sas xml mapper to attempt decoding a .kml file where you are author, so know the data expected.

That might lead you in the direction of an effective interface to google earth to compare with proc gmap or sas/gis ~~~~~ imho an excellent user group presentation ( although too late for the SGF :-(

maybe 2008 ! (by then you'll have it sorted)

Good Luck

Peter