Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:45:51 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Jerry Davis <jwd@UGA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: OT: Understand world geography -- in color

toby dunn wrote: > No offense ( this comment has nothing to do with you personally) but to me > it seems like a cheesy gimmic full of fluff way of getting the same data > presented that could be presented without the map. The use of the map has > to lend something to the readability and understandability of the graph > otherwise it is just extra crap cluttering up my eyesight. Why not just > print the map an supper impose the persentages and/or numbers over areas. I > am just not seeing it doing anything that I couldnt do with listing of the > countries say and their assocciated stats. That is just my opinion others > will agree or disagree. I guess so long as the people writing your check > like what you do then hey more power to you. >

All graphics are just visual representations of tables of numbers. So you are saying that any graph, chart, map or other visual aid is superfluous?

Jerry

-- Jerry Davis Experimental Statistics UGA, CAES, Griffin Campus