Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:08:19 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         biyectivo <biyectivo@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      SAS/Server Question #1: Referencing files in PC + files in the
              server
Comments: To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hi all,

I am using SAS/Enterprise Guide 4 in PC (without Base SAS) along with SAS/Server in a Sun machine (remote).

I need to be able to relate files in PC with files in the server, without copying the files to the server manually.

I was thinking something like creating two libraries, one for the DB2 database on the server and another for the files in the PC. However, I do not know how to create the later.

I need to be able to run commands referencing different sources seamlessly. An example (please note this would only be an example, not what I would specifically like to do) would be:

DATA LibraryOnPC.File3; MERGE LibraryOnPC.File1 LibraryOnServer.File2; RUN;

Any ideas on how can I do this?

Thanks!