Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:29:57 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Choate, Paul@DDS" <pchoate@DDS.CA.GOV>
Subject:      Re: FAQ tis the season to be Out of Office
Comments: To: "Wainwright, Andrea" <andrea.wainwright@CAPITALONE.COM>

How to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook @ support.microsoft.com

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290846

Paul Choate DDS Data Extraction (916) 654-2160

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Wainwright, Andrea Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 1:33 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: FAQ tis the season to be Out of Office

Does that send the message every time or only once per person?

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of jjds101@YAHOO.COM Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 4:05 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: FAQ tis the season to be Out of Office

Andrea:

If you're using outlook, you can add such rules to the out of office assistant.

1. Open the "Out-of-office" assistant under the "Tools" Menu 2. Make sure the "AutoReply only once to each sender with the following text" text box is empty 3. Select the "Add Rule" option 4. In the window, put in the addresses of mailing lists and people you don't want to autoreply to in the "From" section. (SAS-L, for example) IMPORTANT: Then click the "Advanced" button and select "Only items that do not match these conditions", click OK to close the advanced window. 5. In the "Perform these actions" box, select "Reply" and check on the template button. Type in a short message that you wish to use as your out-of-office notification. 6. Click OK, and make sure the "I am currently out of the office" option is set.

"Wainwright, Andrea" wrote: > I just don't have that option that I can see. I've yet to figure out > a way to have it only auto respond to certain messages. > > -----Original Message----- > From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of > Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) > Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:38 AM > To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU > Subject: FAQ tis the season to be Out of Office > > In MS Outlook > <Alt> Tools > Out of Office Assistant > > [ ] I am in the office furiously working long hours > in vain hopes of impressing my pointy-haired boss [X] I am out of > the office, blissful, on vacation, > not working, nor reading e-mail nor SAS-L, etc. > > These rules will be applied to incoming messages > when you are out of office, or time. > > Status Condition Action > [X] Sent Directly to Me (Moi!) Only! Reply > .^. <---<<< Very Important to check this box > > check our most excellent archives: > http://www.listserv.uga.edu/archives/sas-l.html > search for: > subject contains: FAQ tis the season to be Out of Office author's > address: RJF2 > since: Dec 2003 > until: > > > -----Original Message----- > > Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:37 AM > > Subject: An (Un)Alert Reader is out of the office. > > > > I will have been out of the office as of when you read this message > > and will not return until The New Year, probably or maybe. > > > For SAS questions please contact SAS-L

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates. The information transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.