Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:49:39 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Lamias, Mark (CDC/CCID/OD) (CTR)" <bnz6@CDC.GOV>
Subject:      Re: Quickest way to delete ALL macro variables?
Comments: To: Ruve <bandbig@GMAIL.COM>

I refer you to the following SAS FAQ:

Yes, beginning with Release 8.2 of SAS you can use the %SYMDEL macro function to delete user-defined macro variables from the global symbol table. The syntax is as follows:

%SYMDEL macro-variables(s);

Note: The %SYMDEL function works only on GLOBAL macro variables.

If you need to delete all user-defined macro variables from the global symbol table, use the following macro:

%macro delvars;

data vars; set sashelp.vmacro; run; data _null_; set vars; if scope='GLOBAL' then call execute('%symdel '||trim(left(name))||';'); run; %mend; %delvars

From http://support.sas.com/faq/030/FAQ03050.html

I hope this helps.

Mark J. Lamias SAIC Statistical Consultant Office of Informatics National Center for Preparedness, Detection, and Control of Infectious Diseases Coordinating Center for Infectious Diseases US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention w: (404) 639-6707 m: (404) 543-1394 f: (404) 639-1391

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Ruve Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 12:36 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Quickest way to delete ALL macro variables?

I would like to delete ALL of the macro varibles defined after my job is done on the server. What is the quickest way to accomplish this?

Of course, as a user I am not privileged to close/restart SAS session.