Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (December 2006, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Fri, 29 Dec 2006 14:23:49 -0800
Sender:   "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   st.tran@GMAIL.COM
Subject:   Keeping only specific variables in new dataset
Comments:   To: sas-l@uga.edu

Hello there,

New SAS user here. I want to create a new dataset containing only variables that start with a specific character from an original dataset. For example, the original may contain variables that start with a letter and then numbers (A1, A2, A3, ... H1, H2, ..., Z1, Z2,...Z100). I only want to keep variables that start with 'A', or 'C', etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Happy holidays,

Sarah Tran Berkeley, CA