Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:33:06 -0500
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   Boika Mileva <boikam@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:   Re: How can I round an expression to 2 decimal points?
Comments:   To: wrristow@MINDSPRING.COM

Hi Richard!

Thank you very much for your additional notes! I agree with your remarks, but actually I need my value really rounded, not only to be displayed rounded. I am developing a data checking syntax and need to compare an entered value with 2 decimal points in a particular variable, with the value in another (control) variable, which is a result of a calculation, using a formula. The second variable is with the same format as the first (F6.2), but its real value (the not rounded result of the calculation) could have more then 2 decimal points, so I will not have a full equality in case of a correct entered value in the first variable. As a result - I would illegally treat this value as an error.

Thank you once more time to all of you!

Boika