Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 18 Jan 2007 17:43:39 -0500
Sender:       "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Don Asay <donald.asay82@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Syntax to Copy Variable Labels and Properties

I cross tab the same 12 variables by different variables quite frequently so have adapted some syntax to run the appropriate functions. I have set up some syntax to create a new variable that is essentially a copy of whatever variable I want to cross my 12 variables by. This way I only have to point the syntax at one variable instead of changing the variable 12 times in the syntax document.

The only problem is that when I copy the variable, it does not copy the properties and when the crosstabs are run it labels everything with the values 1,2,3, etc instead of the category names that were in the original variable. I am wondering if there is a way to use some syntax to copy the labels from one variable to another or a way to change the way my crosstabs are run without having to change the name of the variable in the syntax 12 times.

I am a bit of a novice at syntax, so the simplest way possible would be great, thanks!