Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 1)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:03:16 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Dale McLerran <stringplayer_2@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: user-specified random effects in glimmix?

--- Minya Pu <minya.pu@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Hi, > I want to do a logistic regression model with random effects but I > need to sepcify my own design matrix for the random effects. Can I do > it in proc glimmix or anything similar? If so, how? > > Thanks very much, > Minya >

Minya,

The GLIMMIX procedure employs two design matrices, one specified by effects (variables) listed on the right hand side of your MODEL statement (the fixed effect design matrix) and the other constructed from effects listed on RANDOM statements (the random effect design matrix, as if there was any doubt!). Either of these may be affected by naming an effect on a CLASS statement.

Now, since the design matrices are simply the collection of all predictor variables which are identified as either fixed or random, then you can use any data manipulation methods you like to construct those design matrices. Specifically, you could construct a set of predictor variables in a data step and name those variables on a RANDOM statement.

In order to offer advice which is more specific than that, you need to be more specific about what you want for your random effect design.

Dale

--------------------------------------- Dale McLerran Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center mailto: dmclerra@NO_SPAMfhcrc.org Ph: (206) 667-2926 Fax: (206) 667-5977 ---------------------------------------