Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Jan 2007 19:12:37 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wensui Liu <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Contrast Statement in PROC LOGISTIC
Comments: To: "Earley, Joseph" <JEarley@lmu.edu>

joseph,

do you want to do a likelihood ratio test between 2 models.

if yes, then it should be very easy to do using loglikehood from 2 models. the ratio should follow chi-square with df equal to the the difference of model df between 2 models.

On 1/10/07, Earley, Joseph <JEarley@lmu.edu> wrote: > Is anyone familiar with the coding for the CONTRAST option in PROC > LOGISTIC? > > > > We are estimating Y = f( X1, X2, X3) then adding X4 which is a 0/1 > dummy. > > > > The task is to make sure that we have the correct coding for the > CONTRAST statement to perform the LR test for > > > > The two models: > > > > y = f( x1, x2 and x3) versus Y = f( x1, x2, x3 and x4). > > > > Thanks for any code example. > > > > joe >

-- WenSui Liu A lousy statistician who happens to know a little programming (http://spaces.msn.com/statcompute/blog)