Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:03:11 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         Wensui Liu <liuwensui@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: how to replace SSNs with fake
Comments: To: Jen <plessthanpointohfive@gmail.com>

Jen, do you know macro? if yes, I think it should be easy to write one to loop with your SSN with proc pwencode.

wensui

On 1/12/07, Jen <plessthanpointohfive@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I have a file of information about people and I want to create an id > variable to replace SSN. In this file people have multiple rows, ie, some > SSNs have multiple rows, others don't. > > I know this probably a simple request but I couldn't find something > similar in a search. > > Thanks, > > Jen >

-- WenSui Liu A lousy statistician who happens to know a little programming (http://spaces.msn.com/statcompute/blog)