Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 2)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Jan 2007 13:56:11 -0500
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         My Bad <tmuir@RDG.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM.COM>
Subject:      Re: Tracking what .sas file created a dataset?

You could add the source file to the dataset label...

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Scott D. Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 1:33 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Tracking what .sas file created a dataset?

Is there an automatic way to do know what file created a particular dataset? Say I create a dataset and store it in a library, and I later want to access this dataset but don't remember what .sas file created it. Of course I can grep *.sas, but I want to keep this information with the dataset. Any ideas here would be greatly appreciated.