Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 3)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 15 Jan 2007 21:50:19 +0000
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         toby dunn <tobydunn@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: convert numeric date to charater date in an array
Comments: To: barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM

Barry ,

YOu wont unless you go back a few versions in the hard docs. SAS supports implicit do loops due to back wards compatibility. However it is not something SI recommends doing. Implicit do loops are less code to write they are also make your code less descriptive to others and esspecially to peeps new to SAS.

Toby Dunn

To sensible men, every day is a day of reckoning. ~John W. Gardner

The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice that which we are for what we could become. ~Charles DuBois

Don't get your knickers in a knot. Nothing is solved and it just makes you walk funny. ~Kathryn Carpenter

From: "Schwarz, Barry A" <barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM> Reply-To: "Schwarz, Barry A" <barry.a.schwarz@BOEING.COM> To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: convert numeric date to charater date in an array Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 13:46:40 -0800

I give up. I have searched both the Language Dictionary and Language Concepts (9.1.3 PDF versions) and cannot find any reference to DO OVER or any reference to _i_ as a default index.

Where should I be looking?

-----Original Message----- From: data _null_; [mailto:snip] Sent: Monday, January 15, 2007 1:01 PM To: Schwarz, Barry A Cc: SAS-L@listserv.uga.edu Subject: Re: convert numeric date to charater date in an array

Barry,

Implicitly sub-scripted ARRAYs do not need "coded" subscripts just set the subscript variable (default _i_) and reference the array. Do OVER in this case is very much like DO _I_ = 1 to dim(array name);

_________________________________________________________________ Type your favorite song. Get a customized station. Try MSN Radio powered by Pandora. http://radio.msn.com/?icid=T002MSN03A07001