Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (January 2007, week 5)Back to main SAS-L pageJoin or leave SAS-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 30 Jan 2007 15:09:35 -0800
Sender:       "SAS(r) Discussion" <SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:         "Terjeson, Mark" <Mterjeson@RUSSELL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Hidden characters?

UltraEdit also allows editting of byte values, searching, and stuff...

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Terjeson Senior Programmer Analyst, IM&R Russell Investment Group

Russell Global Leaders in Multi-Manager Investing

-----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of jussij@zeusedit.com Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 2:58 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Re: Hidden characters?

On Jan 30, 8:58 am, Nathaniel_Wood...@DOM.COM (Nat Wooding) wrote:

> Does anyone know of a pc editor that would do such?

There Zeus editor can do this:

http://www.zeusedit.com

As a test I created a new document in Zeus, add some normal white space characters then turnes on num lock and use the numeric keypad to enter the ALT-255 hidden space characters.

If I then use the Zeus View, White Space menu Zeus effectively un-hides these hidden spaces.

I then brought up the Search and Replace dialog and once again using the ALT-255 numeric keypad I replaced all the ALT-255 characters with white space.

Jussi Jumppanen Author: Zeus for Windows http://www.zeusedit.com