Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (February 2007)Back to main SPSSX-L pageJoin or leave SPSSX-L (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 7 Feb 2007 09:19:02 -0600
Sender:   "SPSSX(r) Discussion" <SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
From:   "Beadle, ViAnn" <viann@spss.com>
Subject:   Re: Classification
Comments:   To: Stats Q <statsq@HOTMAIL.CO.UK>

I'd start with a simple test to look at the contingency (2-way crosstabs) tables of each classifying variable with the outcome variable and look at the off-diagonal cell counts. Then I would look at the simple contingency tables of each predictor variable with the other to see whether they are correlated.

My approach is to start simply and then proceed to various statistical techniques if the simple inspection indicates it.

-----Original Message----- From: SPSSX(r) Discussion [mailto:SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Stats Q Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 4:18 AM To: SPSSX-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Classification

Dear list,

I have three dichotmous variables that can classify people into disorder or no disorder, but I want to determine the consistency/incocnsistency in how these three variables have classified people e.g., did variable 1 classify cases 1 and 2 as disorder whilst variables 2 and 3 didn't. Is there something I can do in SPSS to check this?

Thanks in advance.